About Mahjong in Uppsala
We mainly play MCR Mahjong. Mahjong Competition Rules (MCR) are also known as International Rules, Chinese Official Rules (CO), the New Mahjong. The rulebook contains 81 combinations, based on patterns and scoring elements popular in both classic and modern regional Chinese variants. Some table practices of Japan have also been adopted (Mahjong Wiki).
- Register now for the Uppsala MCR Open 2023 in Uppsala (17-18 June 2023).
- Malmö Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2020 in Malmö (7-8 March 2020).
- Swedish Open Riichi Mahjong Championship 2020 in Stockholm (21-22 March 2020).
- Results of the Swedish Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2019 (29-30 June 2019).
- Results of the Swedish Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2018 (16-17 June 2018).
- Results of the Swedish Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2017 (17-18 June 2017).
- Visit our Facebook page to read our last news.
- Rulebook (Official Green book, http://mahjong-europe.org -- A5 format)
- Scoring chart (List of combinations with number of points, http://mahjong.dk)
- Mahjong Time (Online multiple player Mahjong game, using MCR)
- Top Mahjong European Ranking System
- Swedish top Mahjong European Ranking System
8 points, or less?
Do you have enough points to call Mahjong? Each hand sums up to 7 or 8 points, using small points combinations (1 to 4 points only). See the scoring chart for a list of these combinations.
Find all waits
Which tile can make you win? Each hand is full flush (only one suit), and you have to find all tiles you are waiting for to call Mahjong.
How can you wait?
Which tile can make you wait? You have to find all tiles that you can pick, pung or chow to wait for Mahjong.