About Mahjong in Uppsala
We mainly play MCR Mahjong. Mahjong Competition Rules (MCR) are also known as International Rules, Chinese Official Rules (CO), the New Mahjong. The rulebook contains 81 combinations, based on patterns and scoring elements popular in both classic and modern regional Chinese variants. Some table practices of Japan have also been adopted (Mahjong Wiki).
- Register now for the Swedish Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2018 in Uppsala (16-17 June 2018).
- Register now for the Swedish Midsummer Riichi tournament in Tällberg (18-20 June 2018).
- Register now for the Swedish Open Riichi Mahjong Championship 2018 in Uppsala (3-4 March 2018).
- Results of the Swedish Open MCR Mahjong Championship 2017 (17-18 June 2017).
- Visit our Facebook page to read our last news.
Do you have enough points to call Mahjong? Each hand sums up to 7 or 8 points, using small points combinations (1 to 4 points only). See the scoring chart for a list of these combinations.
Which tile can make you win? Each hand is full flush (only one suit), and you have to find all tiles you are waiting for to call Mahjong.
Which tile can make you wait? You have to find all tiles that you can pick, pung or chow to wait for Mahjong.